Do you know if you're in need of commercial HVAC repair services? HVAC systems tend to give off warning signs that they are in need of repair, but not everybody is familiar with them. Here are 5 top warning signs that you need commercial HVAC repair immediately.
Signs You Need Commercial HVAC Repair
- Rotten Egg Smell – If your building runs on natural gas, you should pay close attention to this smell as it means you have a natural gas leak. Your furnace will put off a slight odor, but the smell should not be prominent. If you suspect a gas leak, evacuate the building: natural gas explosions account for dozens of deaths each year. Call a professional for help.
- Electrical Smell – Appliances give off a certain odor when they are overheating. If this smell is coming from your HVAC system, the motor may be malfunctioning or the electrical wiring could be damaged. This smell means that damage is being done to your system, and could even cause a fire. You should turn off the unit immediately with the master shutoff and contact a Manhattan commercial HVAC repair company.
- Moldy or Musty Smell – Air conditioning units generate a lot of moisture inside the system through condensation buildup, but it should stay contained in the unit. However, if any of this moisture gets into the ductwork, it can quickly lead to mold growth. A professional can provide a thorough cleaning of your ductwork, find the source of the moisture, and make any necessary commercial HVAC repair to keep everyone safe.
- Burning Smell – While a furnace is designed to burn, a burning smell is a bad sign. The most common reason for this odor is leaking oil being heated by the motor. Contact an HVAC specialist immediately.
- Water Leaks – A leaking air conditioner could mean a frozen evaporator coil or a broken condensate pump. Leaks from a furnace could mean a damaged condensation line or a clogged drain. Aside from being a slipping hazard and providing a breeding ground for mold, puddles can indicate a serious problem with your HVAC system that needs immediate attention.
Need Professional Commercial HVAC Repair Service in NYC?
Cool Works NY is a a licensed and professional HVAC company in Manhattan. We will make sure that your HVAC system is working as efficiently and effectively as possible. Our service area includes: Tribeca, SoHo, Greenwich Village, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Lenox Hill, and more.
Contact them today at (201) 321-2665 or visit the website.