Seasonal spring HVAC maintenance is crucial to guaranteeing that your air conditioning runs efficiently this cooling season.
With the winter cold coming to an end and Spring just around the corner, now is the time to get your air conditioning, and ventilation (HVAC) system ready for the warm season that lies ahead.
After the fall and winter seasons, a air conditioning checkup is important to ensure your system is still operating at its best and you don't have to deal with any breakdowns or other issues during the Summer.
Just like any other office appliance, your HVAC unit requires routine maintenance to ensure it runs effectively and efficiently. Below are seven tips to ensure yourcommercial HVAC system in New York keeps your place of business or residence comfortable this Spring and Summer:
- Inspect your system – To keep your system running efficiently, it should be cleaned regularly. Make sure to schedule regular HVAC maintenance. Not only will your system perform better, but it will also keep your utility bills low.
- Change the air filters – When the temperature rises Cooling equipment is used more frequently. As long as your unit is in use, be sure to change or clean the air filters on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. Dirty filters restrict air flow and changing or cleaning them improves system efficiency and indoor air quality.
- Check the drive belts on the furnace – Take a look at the belts on the furnace or air-handling unit for any wear and correct any tears to prevent frozen coils or air flow reduction.
- Inspect the furnace – Properly inspecting your furnace and maintaining it routinely helps keep things running smoothly and ensures that your system lasts.
- Seal any air leaks – Check to make sure that your windows and ducts are sealed properly to prevent cold air from escaping. Caulking, insulating and applying weather strips to windows and doors will help keep the cool air inside and the hot air outside.
- Control the indoor temperature – Keep the inside of the building at a comfortable and effective temperature. You can program the thermostat to remain at a certain temperature or you can assign one person to control it. Programmable thermostats save you money on your energy bills by keeping your home at an optimum temperature only when you are there.
- Schedule a professional HVAC inspection – Most importantly, you should have your HVAC system inspected twice a year by an expert. An HVAC professional can identify any potential problems and ensure your system is fully functional. Remember, for every one degree you change your thermostat, you save about 3% on your energy bill. Fine-tune your settings to maximize your savings and comfort.
Cool Works NY offers HVAC maintenance services as well as design & installation of central air conditioning, heating, ventilation systems, makeup air systems and commercial refrigeration systems in Manhattan. They serve neighborhoods such as Tribeca, SoHo, Greenwich Village, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Lenox Hill, and more. Contact them today at (201)321-2665 or visit the website.