Now that it's finally Spring in the Manhattan NY area, that means that Summer isn't too far behind! Do you know for sure if your air conditioning unit is in commission? It wouldn't be too fun to find out you need commercial air conditioning repair during the first scorchers of the summer. Here are some indicators that you may need commercial air conditioning repair services:
Signs that You May Need Commercial Air Conditioning Repair
- No Cool Air - At some point, you may find that your air conditioning system simply isn’t doing its job. Even at full blast, the air coming from your vents just isn’t as cold as it used to be – or isn’t cold at all. This could be a sign that your system is need of serious repair. For instance, lack of cool air could mean that your system’s compressor has failed. It could also mean that you’re your system’s Freon levels are too low. When that time comes, you might have to to replace the unit.
- Poor Air Flow - If you are noticing weak or little air flow through your AC vents, the unit’s compressor may be failing. In case your areas or rooms in your home are getting cold air while others are not, then the trouble might be with your duct work and it’s a sign that your AC system needs urgent repair. Over time, debris can get stuck in your air conditioning vents. Not only this obstructs airflow, but it also presents a health risk to you and your family. Having your air conditioner’s ducts cleaned is a great way to restore airflow and ensure that your AC system is working well when you need it most.
- Thermostat Problems - At times the trouble is not with the air conditioning unit, but with the thermostat itself. One way to tell if your thermostat is a problem is if one part of your house is very cold while another part remains at the same temperature.
- Moisture Where It Doesn't Belong - Moisture or leakage around or near your system can be an indication of problems. When you see leaks from your air conditioning system, it can mainly because of two reasons. In the most serious cases, the leak could be refrigerant. Refrigerant leaks can cause serious health risks to you and your family and need to be repaired at once. You must call an air conditioning repair expert right away. Water pools adjacent to your air conditioner might show that the drain tube which disposes of the air conditioner condensation is either blocked or broken. This is not as serious an issue, but should be tackled quickly to avoid less important problems like mold growth.
- Strange Noises - Squealing, grating, grinding sounds from your air conditioner might be a sign that you need a replacement unit. These noises imply that something is wrong inside the unit. Failure to service the unit could result in a pricey breakdown. A squealing noise means that the belt has slipped out of place. It may also indicate that a metal component in your air conditioner requires more lubrication. A grinding sound may mean that your motor’s bearings are broken.
- Odd Odors - Pungent or foul smells from your air conditioning vents normally means that your conditioner’s wire insulation has burned out. Musty smells generally indicates that there is mold inside your unit or ductwork which must be taken care of without delay.
Cool Works NY has been providing Manhattan with commercial air conditioning repair services for over 25 years. We ensure that your air conditioning system is always working as efficiently and effectively. We’ll do everything necessary to keep you as comfortable as possible, and offer a complete range of air conditioning and heating products and services to meet your needs. Manhattan service area includes: Tribeca, SoHo, Greenwich Village, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Lenox Hill, and more.
Contact them today at (201)321-2665 or visit the website.